Friday, March 12, 2010

Used Book Stores

I always love a great deal, so I've been searching some more for ways to get cheap books that might be in limited supply at the library.  I've always been a fan of Half Price Books in Texas and just found today that there is one Half Price Books location in Omaha.  It's in the Westwood Plaza shopping center at 123rd and Center.  They sell new and used books, and they will also give you cash on the spot for books you bring in to sell to them. 

Here are some other used book stores that I found just from searching online, but I haven't been to any of them myself.  If you check any of them out (or any others that aren't listed), please share with the group what you thought about the store and their pricing. 

Pageturners Used Books
5004 Dodge Street, Omaha

Jackson Street Booksellers
1119 Jackson Street, Omaha

Polly's Books
8542 Granville Parkway, LaVista

Judy's Books
1004 Lincoln Road, Bellevue

Backshelf Books
6059 Maple Street, Omaha

Friendly Used Books
6001 Maple Street, Omaha

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I just checked out Half Price Books this past weekend. Paperback novels really are half the manufacturer's price on the cover (most were $3.50 - $4). They do have some select popular titles that are as cheap as $2. Hardbacks seem to start around $6 or $7, but you might happen across some for less. They also have a good sized clearance section. It's a good sized store and seemed to have an incredible selection of titles. Definitely a fun place to go and browse.