Friday, January 21, 2011

LDS Book Exchange

Do you ever wish you had access to more books by LDS authors?  I have always wished that there was some kind of Mormon library where I could read the LDS books I want to without having to purchase them.  (I know, I'm pretty cheap!) As Relief Society Secretary in a previous ward, I helped to organize an LDS Book Exchange.  It worked well enough that I've continued the idea in other wards and am now throwing the idea out to this group since I know you all love to read.

What I've done in the past is had people send me a list of what LDS books they own and I compile a master list of titles and authors followed by the owners' names (with a phone number and email address directory so you can get in touch with each other).  Then I would distribute the list to you all and you'll be able to find out who owns the books you're dying to read.  Then you just need to contact that person to ask to borrow their book.

Now I know some people are very protective of their books, so if you're not willing to lend out, that's fine.  Personally, I'm getting ready to order some more LDS books, and I figure if I'm spending the money, it'd be nice to have other people to share them with.  (Of course I also wouldn't want to buy any books that I know I can borrow from someone else!) ;)

So, if you'd like to participate, just email me a list of what LDS books you have that you are willing to lend out and I'll start compiling a list to share with everyone.  Feel free to add whatever types of LDS books you're willing to lend out--from inspirational favorites by Mary Ellen Edmunds, Emily Watts, Sheri Dew, etc., to more doctrinal books by apostles and prophets, or even LDS novels. So, if you want to participate, please get me your list of books (either by email or on paper) by February 1st, and we can all look forward to reading some great LDS books!

No comments: